Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Inspiration

Isn't it weird that some things inspire people but not others?

It's like the truest form of the "one man's trash, another man's treasure" theory. Over the past three days we have been seeing milder, gentler after effects from Hurricane Ike-- not to minimize the damage; we did lose some trees and a few shingles, but we're not seeing anything like those down south did. We lost power for about 24 hours, but some folks are going on their fourth day without power. I sat here with my laptop while the power was out, praying that the battery wouldn't expire too quickly...I had a burning candle, a cup of steaming tea, and warm wooly socks. I have to say I was sad when the power came back on. I found it very comforting, relaxing, and inspiring to cuddle in the dark with my dog and work on Terra Verde.

I think I have finally come to a conclusion about Terra Verde's target audience. I am not going to limit myself by choosing my target customers that narrowly yet, but I am launching a sub-brand to meet the "multitasking, do it all woman" theme. I am so excited and passionate about it. I can't wait to launch it. However, I have to separate all my ideas out and launch them one by one. If I try to blend them all together, I'd never be able to explain my train of thought or reach any kind of audience.

My website is still being designed. Bear with me while the placeholder is sitting on www.terraverdecompany.com. Sooner rather than later (hopefully), Terra Verde will have a well designed website!

This week also brought some leads in the way of clients. I now have someone to subcontract work to, and another one to subcontract from. Things are shaping up, slowly but surely. I get so excited and restless all at once. I can't stand it (in a good way).

When I sit down at my computer and start working, I always have a ton of stuff that I want to do to keep this engine moving down the track it's on. Chug, chug, chug... I think I can!

No comments: